Monday, July 14, 2008

101 West 90th Street

Two women seek third roommate, 23-year old professionals looking for the same to fill the space.

I was most excited about this building because it was right down the street from my current apartment, and I wouldn't have far to move. The apartment was okay, it felt a little dorm-like and was furnished with IKEA furniture. The master bedroom and private bathroom were really nice, with a view of Columbus Avenue and a glimpse of Central Park.

As I was standing in the living room and preparing to leave, Emily looked at me and said..."How old are you?" Something about the way she said it...seemed to imply she thought I was aging beyong my years...I answered "thirty". I know they were looking for a twenty-something roommate, but I thought I could pull it off. The apartment was nice, but the roommates were just too young.

No comments: