After serious thought and consideration, I explained that the room in 8-C would not work. I wanted my apartment to be a shared space, with my own private bathroom. I may not cook, but I would like access to common area - kitchen, dining room, living room, etc.
Next up, apartment 5-B. The introductions were brief and I was welcomed into the apartment. It was a nice space, much brighter and whiter, than the last apartment. My host was gracious, with white/gray hair and bright-red pedicure, she breezed around her home in her white nighty, as she provided the tour.
I quickly confirmed that the apartment would be shared space with my own private bathroom. She said the room was not currently available for showing, but her apartment is four bedrooms and four bathrooms - and I would certainly have my own bathroom. The apartment appeared to be more like a bed & breakfast, with each room fully furnished with multiple twin size beds. She breezed through the "blue room" and into the "green room" as we wandered through her spacious apartment. Her living room was filled with white wicker chairs, where I imagine she serves afternoon tea to her guests...
I left my name and phone number, as I expressed interest in her apartment. I mentioned that I had a few appointments to see some other places, but I would keep this in mind. Although, it would be like moving into a hotel - it could be kind of cool - and think of the people I might meet, in my own home.
Later I realized I never inquired about the rent...I'm considering a return visit, just to find out a little more. Perhaps when the room is available to view, I will be more prepared to make up my mind.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment