Thursday, July 17, 2008

Still Looking

Things are moving a little slow on the home-front, but I'm still looking. I sent nearly five emails, just this morning - inquiring about both studios and 1-bedroom apartments. I have received a few responses - some regrets that the rooms have been filled, others are invitations to stop by. My only concern is with having a private bathroom and staying within my budget.

I have received a few scams, requesting funds to be sent to an overseas bank account in the UK. I recieved one this morning requesting a credit check, I replied that I already had my own credit check. We'll see...

Then, I have been emailing with someone for more than a week about this "alleged" apartment available. When and if I ever see the apartment, I'll post the message trail. It's actually quite comical. If I do not receive confirmation by for a visit tomorrow, I'm taking it off my list of perspective homes.

Also, I received a lead from one of my sorority sisters - she checked her internal job postings for apartments and sent me information on a roommate share with a private bathroom. Coincidentally, it is in my building! The only problem is that the request is for someone who travels often. I really do not travel for work...so it may not work out. But, I'll remain hopeful. She said I can stop by next wednesday to see her apartment - 7F.
"Don't aim at success - the more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue... as the unintended side-effect of one's personal dedication to a course greater than oneself." - Viktor Frankl

No comments: