Thursday, July 24, 2008

45 Tudor City Place

An apartment was listed this morning in Tudor City - a studio with doorman and elevator for $1550. When I called to see the apartment, it had already been rented. So, I agreed to see a more expensive apartment.
Tudor City is a short walk from my office - located on 43rd Street and 1st Avenue, it was only fifteen minutes to walk door-to-door. I walked over and found myself surrounded by residential gardens and pathways. A beautiful area!

Then, the real estate agent appeared. He seemed quite distracted as he showed me into the elevator and up to the 16th floor. The elevator and hallways were very well maintained - he confirmed it is a coop building. There was a nice view of the east river from the window - but the space was small and there was a murphy bed in the room. Somehow, I just cannot get used to a murphy bed. I need normal space, with a normal bed. I do not want to pull my bed out from the wall every evening...it would never work.

No comments: