Wednesday, July 23, 2008

786 Lexington Avenue (61st Street)

POSTED: "Studio is very spacious, sexy, nice floors, plenty of closet space, nice bathroom, kitchen, hi ceilings; open house will be tuesday july 22 2008 from 5 to 6pm"
The open house was from 5-6pm, so I left my office around 5:30 and made a quick dash up Park Avenue, then crossed over to Lexington Avenue. As I approached 61st street I passed Banana Republic, Nine West, Diesel Denim and Bloomingdales...what a fantastic location! It's only 15 minutes from my office and there is all the shopping I could ever imagine...

I arrived a 786 and there was a sign about deliveries being accepted around the corner. It was a very commercial part of town - not residential. I called the agent and was buzzed up to the second floor. It was a walk-up with a dirty stairwell. The contact greeted me - a younger man, in his twenties - wearing sunglasses. I guess he was trying to pull off a mysterious agent persona - I just thought it was a little strange. I stepped in to see a moderate sized room, with a brand new bathroom. There were new, modern light fixtures with a full bathtub. Everything looked really clean and well-kept. The current tennant used a futon as both bed / couch to make better use of space.

Suddenly, I looked around and realized there was no kitchen. They were selling the space as a studio - when in fact, it was a bedroom with a bathroom and small fridge in the corner. Uh...no. Although I do not cook - I would at least like the option.

No comments: